Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1/6/2009

Well this has been a good week. I have done a lot of learning. It has been great. I hope everything has gone well at home.This week at the referrel center I had another great experience. This week I had lots of good but not great calls. I had a couple people hang up on me, but most people would politely listen as I bore my testimony and then politely refuse a Book of Mormon, or missionaries. Well it was about time to go and I was doing my last call. The person I was talking to hung up on me. So my teacher told me to call one more so I didn't end on a bad note. I called this man who had ordered a Joy to the World DVD. After I talked to him for a minute I offered him a Book of Mormon and explained that it was another Testimony of Jesus Christ. He said that he would enjoy reading it if we would mail it to him. I explained that to send him a second item, the missionaries would have to bring it over. He finally explained that he was a clergyman in one of the churches and that he couldn't really be seen talking to the missionaries. After I explained more about the importance of the Book of Mormon I got him to commit to see the missionaries ( I sent them to his house) and I, through the spirit, got him to commit to read the Book of Mormon and pray to see if it was true. I love missionary work!!!!!! The gospel brings peace. It really is a message of peace and joy. Pakoj a radost.This morning I had another really neat experience. Every day I pray as much as I can in Czech and then switch over to English. Usually in the morning I pray right when I wake up so my brain is a little foggy for the first minute or so. So usually I start my prayer in English, then I remember I am supposed to be praying in Czech, and then switch back to English. Well this morning I woke up and immediately said Nas Nebesky Otce, which is Our Heavenly Father. It was great.The gospel is true!!!! I know it is. It brings peace that you can't have in any other way. That is why I am going on a mission. I don't want to miss the opportunity of talking to everyone I see. I want be the kind of person I need to be so that the spirit can work through me to help others.I love you!!!!
Love,
Sestra Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment