Monday, January 5, 2009

12/23/2008

Vesele Vanoce!!!! or in English Merry Christmas!!!!

This week has been great! I love the MTC. Abby, I am so glad I got to see you. It was great.We got new sisters this week in our branch!!!!! Yeah!!! They are going to California and Independence Missouri visitor centers. I was glad they came in, because otherwise I would be the only sister in the whole branch.The Provo temple is closed today and next week because of cleaning. Although we couldn't attend the temple this morning, we were given the opportunity to clean the temple. It was a great experience. It was just our district that was invited to clean the temple, and since I am the only sister in my district, I was able to invite one other sister in the branch to come with me because I couldn't go by myself. I invited one of my new companions. Her name is Sister Herzig. She is from Mass. and is a really great person. She joined the church about 2 years ago and decided to go on a mission. She is one of the only members in her family. Her parents are very against her going on a mission, so she doesn't think that they will write her at all. I hope she is wrong and that someone will write her. But it was really good to clean the temple. The spirit was strong even though we were just cleaning it.Life has been good. I am learning so much more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love it. Every day we have personal study. I just love it. Studying the scriptures has taken on a whole new meaning as I prepare to teach. I look forward to it every day. It is amazing how I can feel the spirit of the scriptures even when I am reading them in Czech. I don't understand what the scriptures are actually saying, but I know that they are true.I love you all so much. I just wanted to remind you that I am not going to be able to call home on Christmas. I just wanted to remind you of that. I might be able to write, but I am not sure.I hope you all remember the true spirit of Christmas at this time of the year.

Love,Sestra Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment