Well dobry den.
This week has been a very good week. Guess what I did this week? I taught the first lesson in Czech. It was really rocky, but it is getting better. At least it will never bad as the first lesson. I really only could say a couple things but it was good. I love the MTC. I also have memorized the first vision in Czech. You can just imagine me saying, "Spatril jsem sloup svetla, presne nad svlou hlavou, prevysujici jas slunce...." It doesn't quite work because the keyboard doesn't have some of the letters I need, but it is close enough.I am saying goodbye to another set of companions this week. They are going to California. They are great. I am going to miss them a lot. This is the third set of companions I have gone through. Hopefully the next set will be the last ones before I leave. It is interesting to think that the elders that come in this next week that are english speaking, are the ones that leave the same time as us. I have less than 3 weeks left in the MTC. I am really excited and really nervous at the same time. I am excited to get out to the field, but nervous to actually speak Czech.President and Sister Boone are done after this week. I will be sad to see them go. It is fun to see a familiar face every once in a while. I saw Sister Smiley and Sarah the other day. It was fun to say hi. And Gretchen Petramalo's husband, kiel Willmore taught our large group meeting last week. That was fun too.The MTC is great. I love studying the gospel and Czech. It is great. I have found so many neat things in the scriptures lately. Yesterday I was studying about the iron rod and how it is the word of God. Then I was studying the instances in the Book of Mormon where it mentions the word of God (there are a lot of them), and there were several places that if you replace "the word of God" with "the iron rod" that it creates some cool imagery of how we really rely on the word of God to lead us to eternal life or the tree of life. I don't have my notes with me but the one that sticks out in my mind is Alma 31:5. Also 2 Nephi 28:9? maybe somewhere in 2 Nephi 28 and 29. The gospel is true. Always remember that!Well I love you all. I hope you are doing well!
Love,
Sestra Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment