Monday, January 5, 2009

12/30/2008

This week has been a great week. I hope that you all had a Merry Christmas. Our Christmas was great. On Christmas Eve Elder Bednar came and spoke to us. It was amazing. His wife actually spoke first. Her first comment was, "Did you see that picture of my husband on the powerpoint? He looks so young, so handsome, and so photoshopped." It was so funny. Even Elder Bednar was laughing so hard. He talked about the symbolism of trees, lights, and shepherds. It was amazing. After he spoke, he invited all of the missionaries to come and shake his hand. It was amazing to be able to shake the hand of an apostle of the Lord. For most of the missionaries it was the first time they had ever shook the hand of an apostle. It strengthened a lot of testimonies in the MTC.On Christmas I got to meet up with Abby, James and Andrew at the devotional. President and Sister Boone have been so good to me. They always say hi to me and they let me sit with Abby, James and Andrew. Well for the devotional Elder Holland came and spoke. It was incredible. He talked about the different names of Christ and then challenged us to do the twelve days of Christmas after Christmas, and each day we should study a name of Christ. It was great. Because I was with the Boones, I was able to go meet Elder Holland and shake his hand too. It was a wonderful experience. On Christmas night we got to eat popcorn and watch Mr Krueger's Christmas.Yesterday I had some more wonderful experiences in the Referel Center. I called one lady who had requested a Book of Mormon. When I asked her if she had received it she said she had not, but that she didn't need it anymore. I asked her why she didn't need it and she told me that the missionaries had run into her and taught her the lessons and she had been baptized last week. I was able to bear my testimony to her about the atonement and her words were "that just brought chills down my back. I know what you are saying is true." I love being able to feel the spirit and say things I hadn't been planning on saying.Yesterday I also called to confirm the delivery of a Bible. She had received it in the mail and was reading it. I asked if she wanted the Book of Mormon too. I explained it was another testament of Jesus Christ. She immediately said she wanted it. I went on to explain the Book of Mormon. I then basically taught the whole first lesson on the phone. She was so excited to hear about a living prophet on the earth. It was just amazing to be able to teach the gospel to a real person. That the gospel can change her life. I love missionary work.I love you all so much. I hope that life is treating you well and that you have a good Christmas break.
Love,Sestra Hill

1 comment:

  1. Hey han banan! Kiel and i looked you up yesterday and looked at your companions and everything. It made me feel very close to you. Well i hope your enjoying the work and getting all that language stuff down! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete