Wow, what a week. I am amazed at how quickly a week passes, but how slowly it goes. It feels like I have been in the MTC much longer than 2 weeks because of how much I have learned. Although I think that the MTC's main purpose is to teach people languages and to teach people how to teach others, I think the real reason is to make people humble. I think the most important thing I have learned is how much I don't know and how much I need to rely on the Lord.I have had some really amazing experiences. First of all, I know that the family was inspired to send me those doughnuts on Thursday. I know my district enjoyed them. Thursday nght is the time that my district is at the TRC. We were all nervous because we have to talk in our languages and we didn't really know how. The doughnuts came after dinner so we had them as a celebration for completing our first TRC. Everyone enjoyed it. We all needed them.I had a great experience at the referral center yesterday. I was calling people to make sure that they had received whatever they had called into request. There was one lady who had received Finding Faith in Christ. I asked her how the visit with the missionaries was. She said it was fine but had asked them to please not come back. We talked for a minute on why she didn't want them to come back. I testified to her and felt the spirit really strongly. She then asked if there was any way that I could send the missionaries back to her. I told her I would be happy to do that. It felt so neat to be teaching real people.This morning my pseudo companion Sestra Peacock left for Slovenia. I was sad to see her go, but I am also excited for her to be out in the field teaching real people. I am really excited for that day. The rest of the sisters in my zone, including my real companion leave on Monday. Hopefully we get more sisters in the group that is coming tomorrow.I am learning Czech slowly but surely. I am getting much better at being able to sound out the words. That's a good thing.The MTC is amazing. I love the gospel so much. There are so many times the Lord has been able to show me how much he loves me. I am so grateful for His love and His confidence in me. As my companion and I were doing comp study we found a scripture in Acts when it talks about Peter and Paul teaching. It is Acts 4:13 I think. He says that they are unlearned and ignorant (ordinary men), but that the people listened because of the spirit. I don't know that Peter and Paul were unlearned or ignorant (ordinary), but it gives me hope that the Lord will be able to use me as His servant.The gospel is true. I love you all.
Love,Sestra Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment