Monday, January 25, 2010

KOLD

Ahoj rodino!!!

Life is cold here in the Czech Republic! As I look out the window we
have piles of snow about 6 or 7 feet high and everything is frozen
solid. It is really cold! But luckily, I'm not cold. Even when we
tract, we get into the panelaks which have 25-30 doors, so we stay
pretty warm. I am very grateful for that.

We have the coolest new investigator this week. It was really funny
because we were walking to go tracting when we decide to do a couple
extra contacts. Sestra Anderson asked him if he spoke English (thats
not how we usually start contacts). He said "yes, how did you know?"
in perfect English. Well we asked him where he was from. It ends up
that he is a foreign exchange student here from Portugal. His name is
Fransisco. He speaks perfect English because his mom lived in the
united states for a while and taught him. Well we asked him why he
chose the Czech Republic for foreign exchange program, his answer: the
girls and beer. Well because of his answer we were a little cautious.
But come to find out, his whole family is very catholic. He wanted to
come to the Czech Republic because he didn't believe in God. Well he
has been living here for 6 months and he has seen the difference in
life, when you believe in God and when you don't. So he has decided to
believe in God but he doesn't believe the Catholic church is God's
church. We happened to have a portuguese BofM in our apartment so we
were able to give it to him. He is on a ski trip with his school this
week, but he already wrote to tell us that he is reading. He is really
cool.

This week has been a good week. I have felt a strengthening of my
personal testimony. I have studied a lot about faith. Faith is so
simple yet so hard. I have thought a lot about when we pray we have
faith that our prayers will be answered, even though sometimes our
prayers are not answered in the way that we want. The Lord knows what
is best for us. He knows how we can grow the most. He knows what we
need, and as long as we are willing to follow His will, He will give
it to us. I love our Heavenly Father!!! I know that He loves us
individually and will help us, we just have to let him.

I love you all. Have a great week!

Love,
Sestra Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment