Dear Family!
So this week was really really weird (that isn't always a bad thing).
Well best news is that David and Michal made it. They are officially
members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Staints (actually
cirkev jezise krista svatych poslednich dnu, but it's the same thing).
They are doing awesome. Their baptism was amazing. It was in a sauna
in a hotel near here and it was really good. David looks so happy. He
came out and he told us that he felt that all of his sins were gone.
That he just feels light. And he looks light too. Michal and Kristina
were so cute at church together. Kristina is so happy that he was
baptized. Their new goal is to be sealed in the temple in a year. And
then on Sunday David came up to me and said one of his cousins asked
where he was on Saturday morning and so he told her that he was
baptized into the true church and she wanted to know more. He gave her
a Book of Mormon and she wants to come to church next week. I love new
members. They have so much excitement for the gospel! It was such a
good baptism. So Honza baptized David and Michal. In Church on Sunday
President Tmej (our branch president) announced that David and Michal
had been baptized by Jan Krtitel (John the baptist) because his name
is actually Jan and that he baptized Marian a month ago, and then
David and Michal on Saturday. It was great.
Also, this week Marian sent us a text and said he was grateful for the
change that he has felt thanks to the gospel in his life. He said that
he never wants to go back to the way it was before he had the gift of
the Holy Ghost. Then today he texted and asked if we had another copy
of the Book of Mormon in Ukrainian for a friend of his. I love our new
members!!!!
This week was also a bit challenging because Sestra Anderson was sick
on Monday and Tuesday. We had to cancel all of our meetings and it
wasn't very fun. I am so glad that usually we are busy on our
missions. It stinks to have to stay inside. And it definitely didn't
help that on Monday night I talked to Daniela (the mom of the family
we were teaching) and she said that she doesn't want anything to do
with it. It is a pity. I felt really bad about it. I had high
expectations. I know that Heavenly Father placed her in my path so
that we could meet and she could here about the gospel. I still have
hope that she will one day join the church. I will continue to write
her.
This week I spoke in church again, and I really enjoyed my topic. They
told me to do a 5-6 minute missionary moment. So I read part of Starsi
Wirthlin's last talk about finding join in the journey about how
everyone has trials in life. Then I read something from the talk in
the same general conference called "The Way" and it talks about when
we have Christ, everything is so much better. And that is why we do
missionary work. Because all of us have trials in life, but when we
are founded on the Lord Jesus Christ, we can handle our trials with
faith and confidence and peace. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ!!!
I love you all. Have a great week!
Love,
Sestra Hill
1. At the baptism on Saturday
2. Sunday we did the tree of life with a new member family. We are
holding to the iron rod.
3. The missionaries on New Year's Eve
So this week was really really weird (that isn't always a bad thing).
Well best news is that David and Michal made it. They are officially
members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Staints (actually
cirkev jezise krista svatych poslednich dnu, but it's the same thing).
They are doing awesome. Their baptism was amazing. It was in a sauna
in a hotel near here and it was really good. David looks so happy. He
came out and he told us that he felt that all of his sins were gone.
That he just feels light. And he looks light too. Michal and Kristina
were so cute at church together. Kristina is so happy that he was
baptized. Their new goal is to be sealed in the temple in a year. And
then on Sunday David came up to me and said one of his cousins asked
where he was on Saturday morning and so he told her that he was
baptized into the true church and she wanted to know more. He gave her
a Book of Mormon and she wants to come to church next week. I love new
members. They have so much excitement for the gospel! It was such a
good baptism. So Honza baptized David and Michal. In Church on Sunday
President Tmej (our branch president) announced that David and Michal
had been baptized by Jan Krtitel (John the baptist) because his name
is actually Jan and that he baptized Marian a month ago, and then
David and Michal on Saturday. It was great.
Also, this week Marian sent us a text and said he was grateful for the
change that he has felt thanks to the gospel in his life. He said that
he never wants to go back to the way it was before he had the gift of
the Holy Ghost. Then today he texted and asked if we had another copy
of the Book of Mormon in Ukrainian for a friend of his. I love our new
members!!!!
This week was also a bit challenging because Sestra Anderson was sick
on Monday and Tuesday. We had to cancel all of our meetings and it
wasn't very fun. I am so glad that usually we are busy on our
missions. It stinks to have to stay inside. And it definitely didn't
help that on Monday night I talked to Daniela (the mom of the family
we were teaching) and she said that she doesn't want anything to do
with it. It is a pity. I felt really bad about it. I had high
expectations. I know that Heavenly Father placed her in my path so
that we could meet and she could here about the gospel. I still have
hope that she will one day join the church. I will continue to write
her.
This week I spoke in church again, and I really enjoyed my topic. They
told me to do a 5-6 minute missionary moment. So I read part of Starsi
Wirthlin's last talk about finding join in the journey about how
everyone has trials in life. Then I read something from the talk in
the same general conference called "The Way" and it talks about when
we have Christ, everything is so much better. And that is why we do
missionary work. Because all of us have trials in life, but when we
are founded on the Lord Jesus Christ, we can handle our trials with
faith and confidence and peace. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ!!!
I love you all. Have a great week!
Love,
Sestra Hill
1. At the baptism on Saturday
2. Sunday we did the tree of life with a new member family. We are
holding to the iron rod.
3. The missionaries on New Year's Eve
No comments:
Post a Comment