Monday, February 8, 2010

Ahoj

Dear Family!!!!

Just so you know this might be a short e-mail today. We are in Prague
because I have to go get my visa renewed and so I am just emailing
until the APs are done with their meeting so that they can take me. It
should be good.

This week was a good week. We started teaching Michal and Kristina's
son and grandaughter. They are both 8 years old. Pavel (their son)
used to hate us. He would never listen to us and as soon as we came
over he would leave the room. Well we did a really good object lesson
with him a couple weeks ago, and ever since he keeps coming to the
lesson as long as we have an activity. Then he came to church
yesterday. We were so excited. And then Natalka (their granddaughter)
wanted to come to church also. It was really fun.

Last Monday as we were going to our meeting with Fransisco he texted
us and asked if he could bring his friend. So we also taught his
friend Mario. Mario is from Chile and had been in the Czech Republic
for 3 days. Well right now both of them are reading the Book of Mormon
and really enjoy it. It is neat because we teach them in English and
we have a recently returned missionary who teaches with us in English.
It is really fun.  Another funny tip that I realized is that I
understand Slovak languages better than Spanish now. We watched the
restoration in Spanish with Mario and I could hardly understand any of
it. Then on Sunday we watched Finding Faith in Christ in Russian with
Marian and I could understand almost all of it (I did know what it was
saying so I could pick out all the words that were very close to Czech
words). It is just a miracle to me that I can understand anything in
Czech, let alone Russian. I am a firm believer in the gift of tongues.
I know that God helps missionaries to be able to speak as well as they
need to speak. Sometimes God doesn't take away our weakness completely
but he will help us become as good as we need to become. I know that
sometimes people will stop and listen to us because we don't speak
perfect Czech. It actually helps so that people know that we aren't
JWs.

I just want you all to know that I know God hears and answers prayers.
As we follow the spirit we are led to places and situations that we
need. I know that God uses us to help his children. I know God loves
us individually. He hears and answers all of our prayers. We were
teaching Pepa this week and he is having a hard time understanding
that God can hear all of our prayers. He doesn't understand how God
can listen to all of us at the same time. Well I don't understand how
it works either, but I know that it does. I know He LOVES US!!!! And
that is special knowledge. The most powerful being in the universe
knows each of us individually and we can talk to Him whenever. That is
neat.

Well I got to go.

Love,
Sestra Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment