Dear Family,
How's life going? So I heard from my mission president that BYU lost
the football game on Saturday, but that doesn't mean that everyone has
to stop writing me. It's okay. Life goes on. :) There are more
important things than BYU football games. Especially when I had a week
like we had this last week.
This week we had some really hard moments and some amazing moments. So
this week we wanted to meet with Pepa all week because we couldn't
meet with him last week except for on Tuesday. We kept asking if we
could meet and then because of a misunderstanding between odpoledne
(afternoon) and dopoledne (morning after around 9 and before noon) we
thought that we weren't going to be able to meet with him at all. We
decided that we would at least go visit his mom. Then as a miracle,
something happened and Pepa couldn't go to Horice like he was planning
and he ended up being home. It was so wonderful to meet with him. And
then he moved to Brno yesterday morning to start school. Luckily he
will be coming home on Thursday for the weekend. We are going to meet
with him again this week, and we are trying to get him to meet with
the Brno missionaries also.
Also I had a really hard week with having enough confidence in God to
have confidence in myself. I felt like I couldn't do missionary work.
I was really struggling with understanding Czech, speaking Czech, and
I was even doubting my ability to teach the gospel. I am still having
a little bit of a problem with it, but I also had several miracles
that strengthened my testimony that we are doing the Lord's work. On
Friday they had a baptism in Hradec Kralove so we went with Honza to
the baptism there. It's about an hour by bus and on the way I pulled
out my planner and Honza and I went through all of the baptismal
questions. He answered them all. He had a couple questions and I was
able to explain what I needed to. Afterwards he said that it was an
amazing experience. That he felt like I was saying exactly what he
needed to hear, like it was straight from God. I really felt like I
had God's help in doing what he wanted done.
Another example is that on Saturday we had an hour before a bus in
Mlada Boleslav so we went contacting. We ended up talking to a Polish
man, Lezsek, who lives there. And he only speaks Polish. He only knows
a couple words in Czech. Well we were able to communicate with him,
set up another meeting for Sunday, and teach him. This is definitely
with the help of the Lord, because I still struggle in Czech, let
alone trying to communicate with a Polish man, but this is the Lord's
work and when he wants something done, he gives us the means to do it.
Another funny thing happened last night. We were sitting at our
kitchen table and we heard singing. It sounded like a church song. So
we went to our window and down on the street were the three little
boys of the branch president here. The oldest is 7 and the youngest is
three. A couple weeks ago we through some little American candies to
them so they were singing to us so that they could have some more
American candy, so we threw them the last of our American candy. It
was really fun.
Well I have run out of time. This place closes in about 2 minutes so I
better send it.
I love you all!!!!! Remember, there is nothing more important than
living the way God wants us to live.
Love,
Sestra Hill
How's life going? So I heard from my mission president that BYU lost
the football game on Saturday, but that doesn't mean that everyone has
to stop writing me. It's okay. Life goes on. :) There are more
important things than BYU football games. Especially when I had a week
like we had this last week.
This week we had some really hard moments and some amazing moments. So
this week we wanted to meet with Pepa all week because we couldn't
meet with him last week except for on Tuesday. We kept asking if we
could meet and then because of a misunderstanding between odpoledne
(afternoon) and dopoledne (morning after around 9 and before noon) we
thought that we weren't going to be able to meet with him at all. We
decided that we would at least go visit his mom. Then as a miracle,
something happened and Pepa couldn't go to Horice like he was planning
and he ended up being home. It was so wonderful to meet with him. And
then he moved to Brno yesterday morning to start school. Luckily he
will be coming home on Thursday for the weekend. We are going to meet
with him again this week, and we are trying to get him to meet with
the Brno missionaries also.
Also I had a really hard week with having enough confidence in God to
have confidence in myself. I felt like I couldn't do missionary work.
I was really struggling with understanding Czech, speaking Czech, and
I was even doubting my ability to teach the gospel. I am still having
a little bit of a problem with it, but I also had several miracles
that strengthened my testimony that we are doing the Lord's work. On
Friday they had a baptism in Hradec Kralove so we went with Honza to
the baptism there. It's about an hour by bus and on the way I pulled
out my planner and Honza and I went through all of the baptismal
questions. He answered them all. He had a couple questions and I was
able to explain what I needed to. Afterwards he said that it was an
amazing experience. That he felt like I was saying exactly what he
needed to hear, like it was straight from God. I really felt like I
had God's help in doing what he wanted done.
Another example is that on Saturday we had an hour before a bus in
Mlada Boleslav so we went contacting. We ended up talking to a Polish
man, Lezsek, who lives there. And he only speaks Polish. He only knows
a couple words in Czech. Well we were able to communicate with him,
set up another meeting for Sunday, and teach him. This is definitely
with the help of the Lord, because I still struggle in Czech, let
alone trying to communicate with a Polish man, but this is the Lord's
work and when he wants something done, he gives us the means to do it.
Another funny thing happened last night. We were sitting at our
kitchen table and we heard singing. It sounded like a church song. So
we went to our window and down on the street were the three little
boys of the branch president here. The oldest is 7 and the youngest is
three. A couple weeks ago we through some little American candies to
them so they were singing to us so that they could have some more
American candy, so we threw them the last of our American candy. It
was really fun.
Well I have run out of time. This place closes in about 2 minutes so I
better send it.
I love you all!!!!! Remember, there is nothing more important than
living the way God wants us to live.
Love,
Sestra Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment