Monday, September 7, 2009

Ahoj again!

Dear Family,

Well the exciting news of the week, isn't that BYU beat Oklahoma (even
though that is pretty exciting) but that missionary work in Jicin is
going awesome!

Well church yesterday was really hectic but good. We had 5
investigators plus 2 more under the age of 8. There are so many kids
in this branch, and yesterday they were making a lot of noise. I was
really worried that our investigators were going to have a hard time
feeling the spirit. Well I was wrong. I am so glad that the spirit
does the work and not us. Pepa, our 18 year old investigator, had a
great experience in church. After church I went over and talked to
him. He had tears in his eyes and was really trying hard not to cry in
front of me. And he told me he was feeling really strong feelings and
he felt that that meant he was supposed to act. I told him that is
what it meant. That he was supposed to act and that when we know these
things are true we are supposed to be baptized. He looked at me and
nodded and then other people came over and started talking to him so I
couldn't continue that conversation. But it was really good. He should
definitely have a baptismal date this week.

We also had a great experience with Tomas and his wife this week. He
told us about how he really wants to know which church is true. He
told us that he had decided that it was going to be his last time
attending the 7th day Adventist church because he knew it wasn't true.
That was the day that sister Tate and Perez attended. He met them and
asked if he could find out more about our church. It's amazing how
much the Lord prepares His children to hear the gospel.

David is just about done smoking. It has been really hard for him to
quit smoking but he really wants to. Now he just has to act. We are
trying to help him and now it's up to him if he really wants to do it.
Last week we talked about it and we talked about a plan to quit. We
told him sometimes it is good to have a reward and asked him to think
of something that he really wanted that he could get after he quits
smoking. He told what he really wants is to be baptized. That is his
goal. Now he just has to work for it. And on Sunday both he and
Kristina came to church again (finally it had been three weeks without
money) and David said he felt like he was at home at that this was
going to give him the strength he needs.

Well since dad brougt it up I guess I can answer his question "When
and where did you discover that BYU had beaten Oklahoma?" Well I got a
call from a missionary in Prague around 10:00pm on Saturday night that
BYU had lost. I asked where she heard that and said on office elder
(who happens to be anti-BYU) told her about 6:00 that BYU had lost.
Well I was sad for about 1/2 second until I realize that there was no
way that the game was even over yet. I didn't know when the game
started but I knew it wouldn't have gotten over at 11:00 in the
morning. Well on Sunday morning right before church I got a text from
a member in Prague who said, "Just so you know the cougars rule." So
at the point I knew they won, but i didn't what the score was. I found
out how we won from e-mails today. It was great!!!!!

So life is wonderful!!! The gospel is true!!!!! As I have been
studying the scriptures this week I have been thinking a lot about the
importance of this life on earth and why we are here. We are here so
that we can have joy. I have come to realize on my mission how much
the gospel brings joy. As we follow the commandments we have joy even
when we have trials. There are some people that we work with you don't
have any reason to be happy by the worlds standards, but are happy
because they know they are doing what God wants them to do. It is so
neat to see that happiness enter their hearts.

I love you all!!!
Love,
Sestra Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment