Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hi again (August 24)

Here are also a couple pictures from last week at Frydlant.
1. Me at Frydlant
2. Sister Perez and me at Frydlant
3. The elders in our district (Starsi Reichman a Weiser) at Frydlant

Dear Family,

Well sorry about the fact that I didn't write last week. We ended up having a really funny experience that left us with no time write. Last Monday we visited Frydlant castle last week, which is about a 2 hour bus ride from here. We went with the Elders in our district. Then we wanted to go visit a couple investigators. They live in a little town called Mala Bela. First, you have to understand. We live in Jicin, the branch is in Jicin, and most of our investigators right now live in Mlada Boleslav which is about an hour bus ride from Jicin. Then in order to get to Mala Bela you take another bus for about 20 minutes. So last Monday we got to Mlada Boleslav and then we got on a bus and said we want to go to Bakov, (which is near Mala Bela) and we paid for it (it was a little more expensive, but we didn't think anything of it) until we started going to the wrong direction. Then we realized we were going to Prague, and we couldn't get off the bus until it got to Prague. So we ended up taking a bus to Prague and then a bus back. It was a lot of time on a bus, which left us with no time to e-mail.

Well Jicin is such a cute little city with a wonderful little branch. The branch has about 50 people who come regularly, and about15 of those are children. We have about 10-15 returned missionaries in the branch, and 3 of the churches official translators live in our branch. It is wonderful. I have been asked to be the primary pianist and I am so excited. It is so wonderful. So last Sunday I was asked to introduce myself in Sacrament meeting yesterday. So I was ready to bear my testimony. Then one of the people who was supposed to give a 10 minute talk didn't show up, so they asked me to speak for 10 minutes. So I did. It was incredible. I have never felt the gift of tongues so much. I was able to say what I wanted to say, for 10 minutes. I was shocked. After sacrament meeting several people commented that I speak really good czech. All I could do was thank God, because I spoke better than I ever have before. Wow.

So in Jicin we are extremely busy. We have a lot of investigators who are really progressing. Right now we don't have any baptismal dates, but we are planning on challenging 4 people to baptism this week. We are really excited. Two of our progressing investigators are Michal and David. They are the husband and nephew of a new convert. They both have really strong testimonies of the Book of Mormon and of the gospel, but they also both smoke and drink and it is really hard to give it up. They are the ones who live in Mala Bela. They live in a little area with just like 6 houses, which all have their relatives. They are kind of like gypsies. So it is really hard for them to stop smoking because they have that influence around them all the time. Well on Friday we started the Churches stop smoking program and so far they are following it. We are really happy for them.

We also want to challenge a boy named Pepa to baptism. He is about 18 and his mother was a less active but now both of them come to church every week. We are really excited about his progress too.

Oh, and my companion. Sister Perez is awesome!!!!! We have so much fun together and work really really hard. It is a perfect arrangement. I love it. She is not the best at Czech so I have to do a lot of talking, but we have a lot of fun.

I love you all!
Love,
Sestra Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment