Sunday, February 27, 2011

What a great day!

Saturday, February 26, 2011 was a great day in my life! I got up early and got some work done. About 11:20 I couldn't concentrate anymore. BYU vs. San Diego State basketball was to tip-off in 40 minutes. What was going to happen? Was the underdog BYU going to beat the 4th ranked Aztecs? So I headed over to the Zundels to watch the game. It was Heidi's birthday so that made it even better. Karen also came over and we had a blast. The game was AMAZING!!!!! Last time we played San Diego State we won because Jimmer and Davies played lights out. Well during this game we started playing well and we continued to play well almost the whole game. The whole team played awesome! So we ended up having a blast watching the game. (plus #1 Duke lost to unranked Virginia Tech and #5 Texas lost to unranked Colorado. Maybe we will get a better seed for the tournament) GO COUGARS

Then I had an amazing opportunity. When I was on mission I taught a guy named Maryan. He was baptized on December 12, 2009. About 4 months ago he got his mission call to Doneck, Ukraine. Then about 10 days ago his mission call was changed to the London mission. On Friday night he flew into SLC and he is staying in Salt Lake. Yesterday a couple other missionaries and I went and spent some time with him. It was so fun!!!! It was so great to see him get ready to leave on his mission. He is already set apart as a missionary. He enters the MTC on Tuesday. It is so neat to see him stay strong. Here is a picture of us (3 missionaries) visiting with him.

Me, Jocelyne Wheeler, Maryan, and Jordan Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment