Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ahoj!


Ahoj rodino!!!

Jicin is wonderful. Honza was baptized this week on Saturday, outside.
It was cold but really good. This week we had snow several times.
Already! Honza really wanted to be baptized outside in nature, and I
am really glad that he was able to do it outside. When he received the
Holy Ghost on Sunday, I felt the spirit and I know he did to. He
already fits right into the branch. The branch loves him. They all
came up and talked to him after church on Sunday, and a lot of them
made it to the actual baptism on Saturday. It was incredible. I am so
excited for Honza!!!!!!! I am sending a couple pictures from the
baptism. And then on Sunday night Honza sent us a text. He said, "I
wanted to share a scripture with you that I found today that is how we
are. 2 Ne 30: 5-7." We looked it up and it says,  "5 And the gospel of
Jesus Christ shall be declared among them; wherefore, they shall be
restored unto the knowledge of their fathers, and also to the
knowledge of Jesus Christ, which was had among their fathers.
 6 And then shall they rejoice; for they shall know that it is a
blessing unto them from the hand of God; and their scales of darkness
shall begin to fall from their eyes; and many generations shall not
pass away among them, save they shall be a pure and a delightsome
people.
 7 And it shall come to pass that the Jews which are scattered also
shall begin to believe in Christ; and they shall begin to gather in
upon the face of the land; and as many as shall believe in Christ
shall also become a delightsome people." This is exactly how it is.The
gospel of Jesus Christ opens our eyes, and takes off the darkness. The
gospel brings happiness because we know that we can be happiest when
we follow God's commandments.

David and Michal came with Kristyna to Honza's baptism on Saturday.
Michal told us that he has decided that he really wants to get
baptized with David on December 12. We are still really working with
them to stop smoking. I am a little bit frustrated with David right
now. He really wants to get baptized, he just doesn't seem to really
want to stop smoking. Well, I know that he wants to stop smoking, he's
just not doing it. They both said that seeing a baptism was really
good, so I hope that will give them another boost to stop smoking. We
have started to do something that seems to be helping Michal. We made
little cigarette boxes and made little cigarettes from sticky notes
that have scriptures on them. They are supposed to read them, anytime
that they feel like they want to smoke. It seems to help at least a
little bit and they thought it was very funny.

Wednesday I had a really neat experience. I really wanted  to find a
new investigator. I knew that we weren't going to have a lot of time
to contact so I was just hoping. Then as we were praying when we left
the apartment I felt inspired to pray that we would be able to find a
new investigator. So we were waiting at the bus to go to Mlada
Boleslav and it was freezing. There was a lot of wind and snow. Well I
wanted to talk to the lady next to me so I asked her if it snows a lot
in October here. Well she said something that was very clear that she
didn't want to talk to me. So I let it go and just started to talk
with Sister Perez. At the moment the bus came. Another lady right in
front of me in line asked me why we were learning Czech. Well I
answered her, and I ended up sitting next to her on the bus and
teaching her the first lesson. I gave her a book of Mormon and a
restoration pamphlet. As I was explaining the restoration pamphlet we
arrived at the bus stop and we had to get off. I didn't even have time
to get her number. I was so sad. Well on Thursday morning she called
us. She said that she knew that we taught English and wanted to know
when that was, and that she also wanted to have us teach her. So she
came to English and then we met with her on Friday. She brought her 10
year old girl and they are so cute. She is a strong Catholic, has a 10
year old, 3 year old, and 2 year old. She says that she isn't
interested in changing religions, but when we ask her questions she
really thinks, and there have been several times, even just in the
first lesson, that she has realized that the Catholic church might not
have all the answers. It is so amazing! The Lord inspires us in what
we pray for and then we have to act according to the things we know we
should do. Then the Lord can bless us with the things we ask for.

There is also another coincidence. We have a greenie in our district.
His name is Elder Andersen. Yes, Andersen with an e. We have several
elder and sister Andersons but he is the first Andersen. Well it comes
to find out that we are second cousins. He is the grandson of Aunt
Shirley. What a small world. I am sending a picture with the two of us
on a vylet today. It was great.

Life is wonderful! So I have a couple things that I would like you to
pray for. 1. That David and Michal will have the strength and desire
to stop smoking. 2. That we will get a car. We have been authorized to
get a car, and apparently they have been ordered, but we really need a
car to progress even more in the work here, because our area covers so
many cities.

I love you all!!! Have a great week!

Love,
Sestra Hill

Pictures:
1. At the church before we went out to the pond
2. In the water before baptism
3. And after baptism. You can't see it well, but there is snow on the
ground behind the green grass
4. Sestra Perez, me, Starsi Strupp and Starsi Andersen (standing).
This is in front of a sign for a city named Peklo (or in English Peklo
means Hell) We did have someone ask if we were all heading there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment