Ahoj rodino!!!
The high of this week is that we had a baptism that went wonderfully!!!!! Istvan is officially baptized and confirmed. I am so excited. He made it all the way to baptism and has such a strong testimony. He was already doing missionary work. He had his sister and two of his friends at the baptism because he wanted them to feel the joy that he has felt. He also told his brother in Slovakia that he was going to be baptized and he said his brother is happy for him and wanted to know a little bit more about the church. He is such a good guy! He bore his testimony at the baptism and in Sunday School yesterday. He really knows that this church is the true church. He said that he is excited to go join his brothers and sisters in Kosice branch. Yeah!!!
Another really cool thing happened after the baptism. Two of our investigators came to the baptism, Eva and Nada. Eva has been investigating for a long time and then she brought Nada to one of her meetings a couple weeks ago, and we have been teaching her since then. Well they both really felt the spirit during the baptism. After the baptism Sister Robbins (a senior missionary) asked Eva when she was going to be baptized and she said, when Nada is baptized. So we asked Nada when she was going to be baptized and she said before Sister Lee leaves. She really wants to be baptized. It was so exciting. I felt so happy. I felt like I really had a glimpse of what Heavenly Father must feel like every time one of His children decides to come to Him. This morning I was reading in 3 Nephi 9 (I think) and there were a couple verses that said that Heavenly Father is waiting with outstretched arms for those who repent. He is just waiting for us so that he can bless us. I thought of this baptism, and my job as a missionary. Heavenly Father must be so happy to have another one of His children recognize the truth. And it is my job to help others recognize that truth so that they can start receiving the blessings of the gospel.
I am doing great. I hope that everything is going very well at home. I can't believe that next week is Mother's day. I had forgotten about that until yesterday when the choir started practicing mothers day songs for church next week. I am excited that I get to talk to you. Tesim se!
And another exciting thing that we found out this week, is that for our zone conference this month, Elder L. Tom Perry (yes the apostle) and Robert C. Oaks are coming. Our conference is on May 21. I am so excited! I love you all!
Love,
Sestra Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment