Thursday, November 20, 2008

BYU vs. Utah

Ok. I have to vent a little bit. I am sick of people dissing my BYU football team. Yes, I am worried about the game on Saturday. Who isn't? Everyone is worried about it. BYU and Utah fans alike. This is a toss up game. What I am frustrated at, are all the people who haven't watched any of the last several games telling me that BYU is going to lose. "Oh our defense is so bad," "oh, Max Hall should never run the ball, is slow, and can't pass the ball unless we are playing horrible defenses," "Utah is the best team," "they have the best quarterback ever, their defense is the best in the country, and BYU doesn't have a chance." OK, get over it. Yes Utah has the better record. In fact I will probably give you that overall they have the better team (BYU has the better offense, Utahh has the better defense and special teams). But that doesn't mean we are going to get creamed. We even have a chance at winning this ball game. So please, unless you have actually watched the last couple games, please don't try and argue with me about the BYU vs. Utah game.

1 comment:

  1. Go Cougars! We are excited for this weekend. We even finally found a couple guys in the singles ward with the deluxe satellite package that includes The Mtn. channel!! Ah, but our Stake Conference has an adult session planned for Saturday night too. The last time we went to a stake meeting on a Saturday instead of following the BYU game, they had a shutout (UCLA). Perhaps the same thing will happen tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete