Well St. Mikulas day is actually December 5 but close enough. People
go around dressed up like St Mikulas, the devil, or the angel. These
three scare the children, see if they were good, and then if they were
good, give them a gift. It is a neat tradition. Ok, this computer is
being crazy so if it is a short letter, that is why.
Well the most exciting news is that Marian is getting baptized on
Saturday at 6:30pm in Prague. I am really excited! He is ready to be
baptized and knows that it is all true. And Honza, who was baptized at
the beginning of the transfer, is going to baptize him. I am really
excited!
This week we had a really neat first lesson with someone named Josef.
He doesn't believe in God and we talked for about an hour about who
God is and his charectoristics. He asked me how I know that God is
perfect, that He is a perfect Heavenly Father. He said as small
children we always think our parents are perfect until will grow up.
Then we know that they are not perfect. I thought a lot about that. I
know that Heavenly Father is perfect because He loves us perfectly.
Because it says it in the scriptures and I have faith that the
scriptures are true. And I feel and know in my heart that it is true.
So next week we have transfers (December 16). I know I will be getting
a new companion because Sestra Perez goes home. Also President
Slovacek already told me I am staying in Jicin, so unless something
weird happens I will be in Jicin until February. And our car is
supposed to get into Prague sometime this week. I am excited but I am
also a little worried about driving in the Czech Republic. Oh well. It
will all be woth it.
Sorry this letter is short. Next week we are going to be in Prague
singing in St. Mikulas Cathedral. We are really excited! Hopefully we
will find time to e-mail. I love you all.
Love sestra Hill
go around dressed up like St Mikulas, the devil, or the angel. These
three scare the children, see if they were good, and then if they were
good, give them a gift. It is a neat tradition. Ok, this computer is
being crazy so if it is a short letter, that is why.
Well the most exciting news is that Marian is getting baptized on
Saturday at 6:30pm in Prague. I am really excited! He is ready to be
baptized and knows that it is all true. And Honza, who was baptized at
the beginning of the transfer, is going to baptize him. I am really
excited!
This week we had a really neat first lesson with someone named Josef.
He doesn't believe in God and we talked for about an hour about who
God is and his charectoristics. He asked me how I know that God is
perfect, that He is a perfect Heavenly Father. He said as small
children we always think our parents are perfect until will grow up.
Then we know that they are not perfect. I thought a lot about that. I
know that Heavenly Father is perfect because He loves us perfectly.
Because it says it in the scriptures and I have faith that the
scriptures are true. And I feel and know in my heart that it is true.
So next week we have transfers (December 16). I know I will be getting
a new companion because Sestra Perez goes home. Also President
Slovacek already told me I am staying in Jicin, so unless something
weird happens I will be in Jicin until February. And our car is
supposed to get into Prague sometime this week. I am excited but I am
also a little worried about driving in the Czech Republic. Oh well. It
will all be woth it.
Sorry this letter is short. Next week we are going to be in Prague
singing in St. Mikulas Cathedral. We are really excited! Hopefully we
will find time to e-mail. I love you all.
Love sestra Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment