Dear Family,
This week has been good. It has definitely been a learning week for
me. I am always trying to be better, and this week has helped me rely
on the Lord more. This week I realized another lesson that I am
learning on the mission. At home I always had someone to turn to, dad,
sisters, somebody. When I was struggling I could call them, talk it
out with them for half an hour, and then I felt better. Well I don't
have that option here. There have been many times that I have pulled
out the phone to call someone and then I remembered that I wasn't
supposed to call home. Well because of this, I have learned a lot more
what it means to have Jesus Christ as a constant companion and friend.
I can turn and talk to Him. He is the best friend that anyone could
have. I am so grateful for this lesson that I am learning.
This week we couldn't meet with the family at all. We met with Daniela
once at the church on her way back from Prague, but we could never
meet with the whole family. I am really nervous for them. I am praying
really hard. It's not that they are dropping us, they just want (well
I think Daniela wants) a little bit of time to think about the things
we have said. We really really are trying to get the Martincovi to
teach with us, and they really want to teach with us, we are just
trying to set it up with the family.
And I am so excited for this week because it is temple week and the
Svobodovi (a new member family we teach almost every week) and
Kristyna are going to the temple!!!! It will be amazing. That is the
real purpose of missonary work. Missionary work is to get people in
white, but not just baptism white. Our goal is to get them into temple
white. I am so excited to see pictures. I really wish that we could go
to the temple.
I have a challenge for all of you! The challenge is to take some time
this week and see how you can help the missionaries in your area. Some
ideas (or things that I wish the members would do here, I do realize
that missionary work is different in the states than it is here). 1)
Ask the missionaries in your area what you can do to help them. We are
always looking for members who are willing to be member friends, who
will teach with us, or sit by an investigator at church, or who would
be willing to get our investigators phone number and call them once a
week and see how they are doing. 2) Think about any possible referrals
you could give to the missionaries. 3) Pray for the missionaries and
tell them that you are praying for them. 4) Invite the missionaries
over for dinner and tell them that you are grateful for their service.
I don't know exactly how missionary work is in the United States but
this is what would help me if you were here.
Well my letter sounds really depressing. Sorry about that. This week
really was a good week. It wasn't bad at all (except that we couldn't
find many new investigators). On the bright side at the moment we have
4 baptismal dates for the 12th of December. So you can pray for our
baptismal dates (David, Michal, Pepa, Marian).
Oh, and I probably won't write next monday, and i might write next
week, but I'm not sure. We are hoping to do a Turkey bowl in Prague
for Thanksgiving so that would be our P-day. The compromise is that
President gave us goals and we have to reach them in order to have a
Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl. So we are all working really hard. It will
be so fun!
I love you all.
Love,
Sestra Hill
This week has been good. It has definitely been a learning week for
me. I am always trying to be better, and this week has helped me rely
on the Lord more. This week I realized another lesson that I am
learning on the mission. At home I always had someone to turn to, dad,
sisters, somebody. When I was struggling I could call them, talk it
out with them for half an hour, and then I felt better. Well I don't
have that option here. There have been many times that I have pulled
out the phone to call someone and then I remembered that I wasn't
supposed to call home. Well because of this, I have learned a lot more
what it means to have Jesus Christ as a constant companion and friend.
I can turn and talk to Him. He is the best friend that anyone could
have. I am so grateful for this lesson that I am learning.
This week we couldn't meet with the family at all. We met with Daniela
once at the church on her way back from Prague, but we could never
meet with the whole family. I am really nervous for them. I am praying
really hard. It's not that they are dropping us, they just want (well
I think Daniela wants) a little bit of time to think about the things
we have said. We really really are trying to get the Martincovi to
teach with us, and they really want to teach with us, we are just
trying to set it up with the family.
And I am so excited for this week because it is temple week and the
Svobodovi (a new member family we teach almost every week) and
Kristyna are going to the temple!!!! It will be amazing. That is the
real purpose of missonary work. Missionary work is to get people in
white, but not just baptism white. Our goal is to get them into temple
white. I am so excited to see pictures. I really wish that we could go
to the temple.
I have a challenge for all of you! The challenge is to take some time
this week and see how you can help the missionaries in your area. Some
ideas (or things that I wish the members would do here, I do realize
that missionary work is different in the states than it is here). 1)
Ask the missionaries in your area what you can do to help them. We are
always looking for members who are willing to be member friends, who
will teach with us, or sit by an investigator at church, or who would
be willing to get our investigators phone number and call them once a
week and see how they are doing. 2) Think about any possible referrals
you could give to the missionaries. 3) Pray for the missionaries and
tell them that you are praying for them. 4) Invite the missionaries
over for dinner and tell them that you are grateful for their service.
I don't know exactly how missionary work is in the United States but
this is what would help me if you were here.
Well my letter sounds really depressing. Sorry about that. This week
really was a good week. It wasn't bad at all (except that we couldn't
find many new investigators). On the bright side at the moment we have
4 baptismal dates for the 12th of December. So you can pray for our
baptismal dates (David, Michal, Pepa, Marian).
Oh, and I probably won't write next monday, and i might write next
week, but I'm not sure. We are hoping to do a Turkey bowl in Prague
for Thanksgiving so that would be our P-day. The compromise is that
President gave us goals and we have to reach them in order to have a
Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl. So we are all working really hard. It will
be so fun!
I love you all.
Love,
Sestra Hill
Dear Sister Hill,
ReplyDelete1) Trust in the Lord = what a fantastic lesson to learn! Honestly, I don't think I've ever been a position when I've learned to rely entirely on the Lord. Maybe one day I'll be fortunate enough to really learn that lesson. In the mean time, I'll just learn from your letters/blogs.
2) I don't know if you know or if I already told you but Rebecca Lynn Stavast is now Rebecca Udy. Another one bites the dust.
3) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Happy, happy birthday! Happy birthday, happy, happy day.
Do we have a birthday here?
YES, WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY HERE?
Birthday where?
Birthday here!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Happy, happy birthday! Happy birthday, happy, happy day!!
4) The weather was pretty horrible for the last BYU home game and my roommate (named Carsey...how crazy is that? Marcie and Carsey in the same apartment?) says, "Wow. I don't know if I'm that dedicated to the football team."
And then I thought of you. "Hannah would be at the game through snow, rain, earthquake or hurricane."
5) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
6) I love you heaps.
Arohanui! (It means "much love" in Maori)
-Marcie "the Fabulous" Glad