Sunday, November 6, 2011

Texas Trip

For our wedding present, Aaron and Jenny gave us tickets to the BYU vs. TCU game at the Cowboy stadium in Dallas, Texas. Josh and I flew down to Dallas and went to the game. It was a sad game (we lost a game we should have won) but it was also a really fun atmosphere.



Josh and I outside of Cowboy Stadium

This was the group of us that went. Aaron and Jenny, Richie and Emily (Jenny's sister) and Josh and I. It was a fun and loud group!



Josh and I at the game.

Are you wondering about Josh's glasses? No, it is not Halloween and no he is not trying to be Harry Potter. Josh and I were playing football earlier in the day and I threw a lob pass that was right over his shoulder. Unfortunately it was just a little to short. Instead of it landing in his arms, it landed on his head and knocked his glasses to the ground. They broke in a couple places. Fortunately for us, Aaron and Jenny had duct tape and we were able to fix them enough for him to watch the game and enjoy the trip. A tender mercy that also happened is that we had been into the eye doctor earlier in the week and he had already ordered new glasses so when we got home, his glasses were waiting for us. It was a tender mercy.




Here we are during the game. We were sitting right in the middle of the BYU section. I thought that most people would be cheering really loud because we were at an away game and everyone needed to cheer to be heard. At the beginning of the game very few people were actually cheering (I don't know if it was the fans or just the way the game was going). Well Josh and I started a lot of cheers and then when we scored we started singing the fight song. A couple people joined us, but not many. The second time we scored we started the fight song again and most people joined us. So we were the official fight song starters in the BYU section. After one touchdown I was screaming so loud and was so excited that I forgot to start the fight song. A couple people were looking at us from several sections over to ask why we hadn't started the fight song yet. Well we started it quickly and people were glad. It was a great game!



As part of our trip we also went down to Houston to see where Josh had grown up. This is us in front of the Houston Temple!


On Sunday we went to Josh's old ward and he took me to see some of the sites of his growing up years. This is one of the benches that he made for his eagle project.
At the church they had a trailer for the scout troop and Josh's name appeared on it four times. Here is one of the examples.


This is Josh's house that he grew up in.


We also drove by NASA. It was neat to see.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the post and pictures! Someday when we are rich and famous we will buy your game tickets AND your plane tickets...sorry that won't happen as soon as Dec. 30th :) Thanks for coming! It was great to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff! Hannah, you really should have been a BYU cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete