This is what I have done on the first quilt. I am not too artistic so when Amanda was over she volunteered to lay them out so that all the squares looked nice. I don't think she realized what a big project that was. THANKS AMANDA!
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Quilts!
It has officially started. I have clothes to do my first quilts. I decided that I wanted to start my own little business making quilts out of clothes like I did with the quilts I made out of mom's clothes when she died. I have had the idea for many months now and didn't really do anything about it. My problem is that I really don't know how much to charge, or even how much it will cost to make one quilt. When I made them from mom's clothes, I made 10 at one time. So I decided I needed to make one and see how long it takes and how much it costs to make one. Tammy then told me about one of her friends, whose wife passed away. I got in contact with him and I have now started making some quilts for him and his family. As I went to pick up the clothes from him at his house, I asked him and his kids if they had any special instructions for any of the clothes (if they wanted certain parts, etc.) It was such a neat experience to be there and have them talk about their mom's clothes and their memories. I am so excited to make these quilts for them because they are so good for the family members. I am excited to bring them this joy!

This is what I have done on the first quilt. I am not too artistic so when Amanda was over she volunteered to lay them out so that all the squares looked nice. I don't think she realized what a big project that was. THANKS AMANDA!
This is what I have done on the first quilt. I am not too artistic so when Amanda was over she volunteered to lay them out so that all the squares looked nice. I don't think she realized what a big project that was. THANKS AMANDA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great idea! I'm keeping my girls' clothes to do this very thing with them! I think you are the perfect person to get the ball rolling with this business idea.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I love the layout Amanda did. It looks great!