Dear Family,
This week has been a good week. We have had some really cold weather
but it is a little bit warmer today. On Wednesay we out visiting
inactive members in a little city called Nova Paka and it was snowing
really hard. We had about 4-5 inches of snow. But today is only a
little bit cold and it's only raining. So on Monday when we were in
Prague I had an interview with President Slovacek. He asked if I had
all the winter gear I needed, I said yes, and then he asked if I had
boots. I told him I didn't and he told me I needed to buy some that
day. So when we were in Prague, I looked, and I looked, and I looked.
I couldn't find any boots, zero, womens boots that fit me. I wasn't
even looking at prices, I was just looking for something that fit. I
think Europeans must have smaller feet, and I just have big feet. So I
got a little nervous. Then when we were in Mlada Boleslav on Tuesday
we looked and we couldn't find any that fit. I knew that I needed
boots. It's already cold here because of where we are in the Czech
Republic. Finally I prayedtht I would be able to find something, that
would fit. Well we went into the last shoe store in this mall and I
found comfortable, cute boots that I can wear here. I was so grateful.
It was just another small miracle that happened.
This week we gave a baptismal commitment to Marion. He is the
Ukrainian that Starsi Kartchner found in Plzen. It is really hard to
teach him because he works all the time but he is now not working on
Sunday anymore. He came to church and we wanted to watch the
restoration movie with him afterwards, but we couldn't. So we taught
him about the word of wisdom. He said that he loves coffee and
sometimes drinks green and black tea, but that he will stop,
immediately. We have set the baptismal date for November 28 or 29th,
depending on whether he can get work off on Saturday or if we need to
have it on Sunday. We are going to try and teach him twice during the
week during his lunch break. He has a really strong testimony. And he
says that he reads the book of Mormon with his friend, who we have met
once. His friend, Viktor, also believes but was in Prague last weekend
for a visa and couldn't come to church. Hopefully we will have a
baptismal date with Viktor soon too.
The family is doing amazing. They didn't come to church this week
because Petr was in Hungary and the children were sick, but we visited
them on Saturday. We really wanted to teach them with members this
week, but because Petr was gone almost all week, Daniela wanted us to
teach with the members once Petr got back. I am so excited for them.
On Saturday we gave them a children book of Mormon and yesterday
Daniela said that little Daniela had already read more than half of
it. They just are amazing!!!!
Well, we called president yesterday to see if there is an update on
our car (we were supposed to get it on Nov 16). He started off by
saying "I have bad news." That is not a good thing to hear. He said
there have been problems, and we probably won't get our car for at
least another 6 weeks. We are still waiting and doing the best we can
without the car.
This week we are really wanting to find more new investigators. Can
you pray that people's hearts will be softened and that we will be
able to talk to those who are prepared to hear the gospel? And also
that the family (Daniela and Petr Cerovskovi) will be will receive an
answer that this is God's church again on the earth.
I love you all! Have a great week!! And remember, it is through the
atonement of Jesus Christ that we have the strength to overcome our
challenges.
Love,
Sestra Hill
This week has been a good week. We have had some really cold weather
but it is a little bit warmer today. On Wednesay we out visiting
inactive members in a little city called Nova Paka and it was snowing
really hard. We had about 4-5 inches of snow. But today is only a
little bit cold and it's only raining. So on Monday when we were in
Prague I had an interview with President Slovacek. He asked if I had
all the winter gear I needed, I said yes, and then he asked if I had
boots. I told him I didn't and he told me I needed to buy some that
day. So when we were in Prague, I looked, and I looked, and I looked.
I couldn't find any boots, zero, womens boots that fit me. I wasn't
even looking at prices, I was just looking for something that fit. I
think Europeans must have smaller feet, and I just have big feet. So I
got a little nervous. Then when we were in Mlada Boleslav on Tuesday
we looked and we couldn't find any that fit. I knew that I needed
boots. It's already cold here because of where we are in the Czech
Republic. Finally I prayedtht I would be able to find something, that
would fit. Well we went into the last shoe store in this mall and I
found comfortable, cute boots that I can wear here. I was so grateful.
It was just another small miracle that happened.
This week we gave a baptismal commitment to Marion. He is the
Ukrainian that Starsi Kartchner found in Plzen. It is really hard to
teach him because he works all the time but he is now not working on
Sunday anymore. He came to church and we wanted to watch the
restoration movie with him afterwards, but we couldn't. So we taught
him about the word of wisdom. He said that he loves coffee and
sometimes drinks green and black tea, but that he will stop,
immediately. We have set the baptismal date for November 28 or 29th,
depending on whether he can get work off on Saturday or if we need to
have it on Sunday. We are going to try and teach him twice during the
week during his lunch break. He has a really strong testimony. And he
says that he reads the book of Mormon with his friend, who we have met
once. His friend, Viktor, also believes but was in Prague last weekend
for a visa and couldn't come to church. Hopefully we will have a
baptismal date with Viktor soon too.
The family is doing amazing. They didn't come to church this week
because Petr was in Hungary and the children were sick, but we visited
them on Saturday. We really wanted to teach them with members this
week, but because Petr was gone almost all week, Daniela wanted us to
teach with the members once Petr got back. I am so excited for them.
On Saturday we gave them a children book of Mormon and yesterday
Daniela said that little Daniela had already read more than half of
it. They just are amazing!!!!
Well, we called president yesterday to see if there is an update on
our car (we were supposed to get it on Nov 16). He started off by
saying "I have bad news." That is not a good thing to hear. He said
there have been problems, and we probably won't get our car for at
least another 6 weeks. We are still waiting and doing the best we can
without the car.
This week we are really wanting to find more new investigators. Can
you pray that people's hearts will be softened and that we will be
able to talk to those who are prepared to hear the gospel? And also
that the family (Daniela and Petr Cerovskovi) will be will receive an
answer that this is God's church again on the earth.
I love you all! Have a great week!! And remember, it is through the
atonement of Jesus Christ that we have the strength to overcome our
challenges.
Love,
Sestra Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment