Hey Family!
This week has been an amazing week! So I had a really neat experience this week. We had zone conference on Friday (which was incredible) and we were asked to reassess our baptismal goals for the transfer (which end in two weeks). Well Saturday Sister Austin and I were praying about our baptismal goal and we really felt that we are supposed to have two baptisms this transfer even though right now we don't have any and we don't have any planned. We feel like Sasa and Jitka are supposed to be baptized in less then two weeks. For this to happen miracles need to occur. But the wonderful thing is that they have already started. This last week Sasa has changed 180 degrees. He really really wants to do what God wants him to do. Last week Jitka was gone all week. So Sasa read a lot in the Book of Mormon. It has changed his perspective on life. Then on Sunday he came to church, in a button up shirts (it's amazing)!!!!!! So we talked to him about baptism on Friday and he said that as soon as he gets an answer he will be baptized, so we asked him if he had prayed and asked God if he should be baptized. He said "yes, I pray every day to know truth". We asked him if he had ever asked specifically about baptism. He said no. So he committed to doing it, then he came to church on Sunday with a glow but wouldn't really talk to us, but said come over whenever you want. So we are going over tonight with the plan of committing both of them to baptism for the 8th of August. In order for them to be baptized then, everything will have to go perfect. Will you pray for them, for Sasa and Jitka, so that everything goes well? This week has just been really good. I have really really come to love missionary work. I don't know how this can get any better. I look forward to talking to people and teaching people. I have always enjoyed missionary, but I have just started to really love it. I don't know how to explain it. There is nothing better than giving Heavenly Father your will and seeing what He can do with it. I don't know why it can be so hard to give Him your will, because once you do, it all works out. For example, Saturday we had a celebration of 80 years since Czechoslovakia was dedicated for the preaching of the gospel. So they had a program from 11:00-1:00. Well we had a lesson at 1:00 so left early, before we got to talk to all the members from other cities. Well our lesson didn't show up. On our backup plan we had kontacting but we really wanted to go back and talk to the other members at the building. So we prayed and told the Lord we would do what he wanted. Well we ended up talking to people, and we had faith, and we found a new investigator. The Lord blesses us when we do His will, sometimes it is just hard to give up our will. On Thursday we taught Jirka and watched the old church movie, "To This End was I born". He felt the spirit so strong. After the movie he just sat there for a moment and then he said, "Christ suffered for my sins, didn't he." It changed his view on Christ and the atonement to see the visual portrayal. It was so neat. I love Jirka. He really is like my grandpa in the Czech Republic. And I love seeing the gospel of Jesus Christ change lives. I know that as we do what God wants, he helps us change our hearts. It may take a little time, but He does. Oh, one more quick story. This week we went over to Nada's house for a new member lesson. She started telling us about how she was doing her family history and that already the Cankovi (a couple in our branch) had helped her find all of these family members, and then when members went to the temple last week she sent some of the names so that their baptisms could be done. She is already excited for the time when she has been baptized for a year so that she can go to the temple. I am so excited for her. I love you all!!! Have a great week! Remember, you are a child of God, and as such you have the potential to be like Him. Always remember that, and always try to be worthy of that.
Love,
Sestra Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment