Monday, June 15, 2009

Another week bites the dust -- June 8

Dear Family,

Sorry about the Babylon subject for the week. That is just the song that is playing at the internet cafe that we are at.

This morning we got transfer facts. All the missionaries in Prague went to the church building to make crepes for breakfast and open transfer facts. Well at about 10:00 (the time we were starting to cook the crepes) the electricity went out in the building. So president couldn't send out transfer facts and we couldn't make crepes. So we decided to go to the store and get cold cereal to have with our fruit. Then president himself came down and told us where we are going. So I guess it wasn't a surprise that I am staying in Dejvice and that I am getting a new companion considering that Sister Lee is going home. My new companion is Sister Austin. She has been serving in Ostrava and is now coming here to Prague. She is only one transfer older than me so it will mean a lot more responsibility than I have had so far. I am really excited to work with Sister Austin, even if I am a little nervous. I am just nervous to have a new companion and to be a full blown missionary. I am not a greenie or being follow up trained any more. I am really trying to have confidence in the Lord and His ability to make me into who I need to be.

This week was amazing. We had a couple really neat experiences. Our baptism was incredible. Nada was so prepared and so happy about it. She has such a strong testimony. She loves everything about the church. She said somethign about paying tithing on Sunday after she was confirmed. She is really excited to prepare to go through the temple in a year and she really wants to start on getting the work done for her parents and ancestors. She just loves the gospel. She was just shining on Saturday and Sunday.

Also this week one of the investigators that I contacted and taught a couple times in Uherske Hradiste was baptized. I was so excited about that too. The church here in the Czech republic is booming. This transfer we had more baptisms than they did in all of 2007. When Starsi Perry was here a couple weeks ago he told us that the work here is really just beginning, that we can become the new Brazil. That these people are ready and waiting, we just have to go find the elect. And that is our goal, to find the elect and help them realize what they are looking for.

Also this week we gave Jitka Jandova a baptismal date. We read in Joseph Smith History about Joseph Smith and his life up to the first vision. We talked about how Joseph Smith took that step of faith that led to his answer. We then told Sasa that in order for him to have all of his little answers come into the big answer that he should be baptized, he needs to commit to that baptismal date. Well he said he needed time but then turned to Jitka and said "But Mama can do what ever she wants to do". Jitka looked at us and told us she wanted to be baptized. So we are working with her towards baptism. The thing that has to happen first is that Sasa and Jitka have to get married. But they are working on the paperwork. Oh, and another cool thing that happened with them this week is that when we went over on Friday to teach them Sasa asked if their were anymore commandments that we could teach him becuase he really likes living them.We just have to get him to be baptized.

I am so grateful to be serving here in the Czech Republic. I am trying to continue to have faith and learn and do what the Lord wants me to do. As I do that I know that the Lord will bless me and the people here. These people really are amazing and as they learn more about their Savior Jesus Christ, they only become better. I am really grateful that I still have another year to continue to learn and to grow to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ. I love you all. Until next week, Mejte se hezky!

Love,
Sestra Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment